• E-Visa processing time is 10-15 business days no expedite. Incomplete information will cause a delay in your application
• Visa fee is non-refundable, please check your information is correct before submit the application. Double check all information especially if your device is using autofill or auto correct.
• Per the regulation, The Royal Thai Consulate General, Chicago "can not" issue a visa for foreign national who are currently in Thailand. All travelers need obtain a visa before entering Thailand.
• Consular officers reserve the right to request additional docutments as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application without having to provide reason
• Application will be processed only for those are applying from within the 14 states : Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
Applications from outside our jurisdiction will be rejected.
To remind : Your visa request may be denied when:
(1) upload unprepared documents and photo;
(2) information uploaded does not meet requirement; and
(3) applying for wrong visa.
(4) input incorrect information
(5) applying from outside consulate's jurisdiction
1. General requirements on the application for visas:
If you need to apply for a VISA, below are the general requirements.
2. Processing time
From 18 February 2021, visa applicants in the United States are required to apply online through the website https://www.thaievisa.go.th/
Applications are usually processed within 15 days.
Further information is available at https://thaiembdc.org/visas/
3. Period of stay in Thailand by visa classification
4. Currency or monetary instrument(s):
Travelers over 12 years of age must have in hand currency or monetary instruments (e.g. traveler's check, bank draft) transferable into cash (Thai currency) for each category of visa as follows:
There is no limit on the amount of Thai currency which can be brought into Thailand, but only 50,000.00 Baht may be taken out without obtaining a permit. Thai currency can be taken out to neighboring countries, e.g. Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Vietnam, for up to 500,000.00 Baht, without obtaining a permit.
Taking out an amount of Thai currency exceeding 500,000.00 Baht requires a permit from an authorized bank. The original permit must be shown to the Customs officer while passing through the outbound passenger channel.
As of February 24, 2008, any person who brings or takes an aggregate amount of foreign currency exceeding USD 20,000 or its equivalent out of or into the Kingdom of Thailand shall declare such amount of foreign currency to a Customs Officer. Failure to declare upon bringing foreign currency that exceeds the amount restricted by law or its equivalent out of or into the Kingdom of Thailand or making any false declaration to a Customs Officer is a criminal offense.
Office Hours: Mon - Fri
9.00 am - 12.00 pm and 1.00 pm - 5.00 pm (except official holidays)
Consular Hours: Mon - Fri
9.00 am - 12.00 pm and 1.00 pm - 4.00 pm (by appointment only)