วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 13 Sep 2022
วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 22 Sep 2023
Non-Immigrant Long Stay Visa (O-A)
Retirement in Thailand (O-A visa), the applicant must be at least 50 years old and must submit documents as follows :
*These documents must be certified by a Notary Public and certify true signature of the notary public by the Secretary of State.
**Additional requirement for Non-immigrant Visa “O-A” (for retirement long stay) application
As of 31 October 2019, visa applicant for Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (for retirement long stay) must have health insurance which covers the whole period of stay in Thailand.
Details of the requirement for health insurance are as follows:
- For In-patient: health insurance policy must have coverage at least 400,000 Thai Baht per policy year.
- For Out-patient: health insurance policy must have coverage at least 40,000 Thai Baht per policy year.
- Effective from 1 October 2021, the applicant must be insured for the entire period of stay in Thailand with the following coverage:
– Health insurance must cover Covid-19 disease with the total sum insured of no less than 3,000,000 THB or $100,000 per policy year
In addition to the existing required documents, visa applicant for Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (for retirement long stay) must furnish a completed “Insurance Certificate”, as well as an original health insurance policy. A copy of the health insurance policymay only be accepted, provided that the applicant purchases the health insurance from participating Thai insurance companies as listed here http://longstay.tgia.org/.
Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O-X” (Long Stay)
Purpose of Visit
The purpose of this type of visa is to promote long stays for foreign travelers to Thailand. Nationals from 14 countries with the age of 50 years old or over can apply for a multiple-entry Non-O-X visa and stay in the Kingdom for the maximum period of 10 years (5 years according to visa validity plus an extension for another 5 years). Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
Validity of a visa: Multiple entries, with the validity of a visa of 5 years.
Period of stay: Travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 5 years each time (a total of 10 years).
Purpose of Visit: This type of visa may be issued to an applicant age 50 years old and over who wishes to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 10 years without the intention of working. The holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 5 years each time (a total of 10 years). Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
Apply for Non-Immigration Visa Category “O-X”
(Required 3 sets: 1 original and 2 copies)
Visa Processing Fees: US$400.00 for multiple entries per application.
Payable in money order (only) made payable to “Royal Thai Consulate-General”.
NO CASH, PERSONAL, and BUSINESS CHECKS ACCEPTED
*** The fee is not refundable in any cases***
***The Royal Thai Consulate-General does not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss***
Other Useful Information
– Benefits of the Non-O-X visa holders
1) Can work as a volunteer (by the list of volunteer work as stipulated by the Department of Employment).
2) Can purchase vehicles (under the provision of laws on motor vehicles).
3) Can purchase a condominium (proceed by the Condominium Act).
– Foreigners who enter Thailand with another type of Visa/Visa Exemption may contact the Immigration Bureau and apply for a Non-O-X visa.
– Foreigners who enter Thailand with a Non-O-X visa may change from Non-O-X to another type of Visa by submitting a request to the Immigration Bureau. Spouse and child’s visa approval will be changed according to the status of the main applicant. However, the spouse can apply for Non-O-X by himself/ herself if he/she meets the qualifications.
– Spouse/child who does not qualify for a Non-O-X visa may apply for another type of non-immigrant visa to stay in Thailand with the Non-O-X visa holder.
– Upon the completion of the 90-day stay period in Thailand, foreigners must notify the Immigration Bureau of their residence in Thailand and shall repeat at every 90 days interval.
– Foreigners must report, in person, to the immigration officer every 1 year for the examination of the qualifications and supporting documents.
– Stay permit of the Non-O-X visa holders may be revoked due to the following conditions:
1) Foreigners do not have financial evidence as per stipulated by the above qualifications such as:
– The sum of money in the bank account is less than 3 million Baht at the end of the first year of stay period in Thailand.
– The sum of money in the bank account is less than 1.5 million Baht at the end of the second year of stay period in Thailand, and/or the money in the said account was spent outside Thailand.
2) Foreigners do not have insurance as per stipulated by the above qualifications.
3) Foreigners pose threat to the peace and security of Thailand.
4) Foreigners work without permission.
Office Hours: Mon - Fri
9.00 am - 12.00 pm and 1.00 pm - 5.00 pm (except official holidays)
Consular Hours: Mon - Fri
9.00 am - 12.00 pm and 1.00 pm - 4.00 pm (by appointment only)